- The Plastic Furniture Market grew at 4.4% CAGR between 2013 and 2017, as the market gained momentum with development of high-performance plastic materials suitable for manufacturing durable plastic furniture.
- The market landed US$ 23.3 billion in 2018, and is expected to witness 5.3% y-o-y by the end of 2019. Manufacturers will continue to launch innovative materials and designs of plastic furniture to capitalize on lucrative sales opportunities.
- With the rapidly growing demand for low-priced designer furniture across the world, the global market for plastic furniture is expected to grow at an incremental 6% CAGR during the forecast period 2018-2028.
- South Asia is currently the leading market for plastic furniture as increasing disposable income of consumers in India and Indonesia is boosting the sales of plastic furniture in the region.
- South Asia will continue to remain the high-growth market for plastic furniture by the virtue of increasing growth of the construction industry and ongoing infrastructural developments in the region.
Request Free Sample Report @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=3574
What are the Key Growth Drivers of Plastic Furniture Market?
- The hunt for lightweight and affordable materials in the furniture industry is giving rise to the adoption of plastics in lieu of heavy-weight metals in modern furniture designs. Owing to the high-performance material properties of plastic, the demand for plastic furniture is likely to surge rapidly in the upcoming years.
- Scientists and researchers are exploring potential for improving characteristics of thermoplastics in order to enable plastic furniture manufacturers to reduce manufacturing costs and offer unique designs to leverage the increasing sales potential of plastic furniture.
- Manufacturers in the plastic furniture market are modifying their business strategies to capitalize on the growth of the e-commerce industry as a potential distribution channel, as millennial consumers are highly inclined towards purchasing furniture online.
- With the growing awareness about the negative impacts of plastic pollution on the environment, the adoption of recycled plastic materials is expected to increase in the plastic furniture market.
What are the Key Challenges in the Plastic Furniture Market?
- The scope for introducing innovative colors and designs is limited in plastic materials in comparison with their alternatives, such as metal and wood, and this greatly restricts the choice of furniture for consumers, who are looking for elegant and dynamic furniture.
- Plastic furniture lacks in terms of longevity with the tendency to fall apart or break. Increasing need for durable furniture, consumers are opting for traditional forms of furniture, lower costs of plastic furniture notwithstanding.
Plastic Furniture Market – Notable Developments
Leading manufacturers in the plastic furniture market account for over 45% revenue share of the market. Market leaders are predominantly focusing on expanding distributors’ network and strengthening their geographical foothold in the market. New entrants and start-ups in the plastic furniture market are concentrating on launching innovative designs and cheaper alternatives to plastic furniture to gain recognition and create brand identity in the market.
A mounting number of small businesses are entering the plastic furniture market with an environmental conscience by launching new designs of plastic furniture made of recycled plastic, in order to capitalize on the growing consumer demand for eco-friendly products. Some of the examples include:
- ecoBirdy – a European furniture manufacturing company co-founded by the COSME programme of the European Union – recently launched ecoBirdy recycled plastic furniture collection for kids. The company also announced that the complete line of furniture is 100% recyclable and free from harmful chemicals, as it used flakes from recycled plastic toys to add a unique colors to the furniture.
- Envirotech Waste Recycling, Inc. is a start-up based in Philippines and the company recently announced that it is focusing on manufacturing fully recycled school classroom chair made of recyclable plastic waste products, such as single-use plastic straws, packaging waste, and candy wrappers.
- Outer Inc. – a U.S.-based furniture company – announced that the company is launching recyclable outdoor plastic furniture made of recycled plastic bottles, making patio furniture as comfortable, stylish, and durable as indoor furniture.
- ScanCom International A/S, an outdoor furniture industry headquartered in Denmark, recently launched ‘DuraOcean’ – its line of outdoor furniture made of ocean plastic. The company aims to launch outdoor plastic furniture manufactured using only recycled ocean plastic materials, such as fishing nets and ropes, by 2020, under its brand LifestyleGarden.
- Paola Calzada Arquitectos, a Mexican architecture firm, announced that it started producing recycled plastic furniture to reduce ocean plastic waste. The company also announced that it has recycled up to 80,000 plastic bottles made of polyethylene to manufacture recycled plastic furniture.
Tramontina is a Brazilian furniture company, established in 1911 and headquartered in the city of Carlos Barbosa, Rio Grande do Sul. The company operated through over ten manufacturing plants in Brazil and offers a wide range of plastic furniture including chairs and tables, benches and stools, shelves, sofa and arm chairs, and the lounge chairs.
Browse Complete Report with TOC @ https://www.factmr.com/report/3574/plastic-furniture-market
Established in 1948, Keter Group is a manufacturer and marketer of resin-based household and garden furniture products, headquartered in Herzliya, Israel. Keter Plastic – a subsidiary of Keter Group – provides a variety of furniture and storage and organization solutions. The company operates through eighteen manufacturing facilities, two distribution centers, and over 100 sales offices worldwide.
Vitra International AG was founded in 1950 as a family-owned company with headquarters in Birsfelden, Switzerland. Vitra International offers designer furniture for home, office, and institutional organizations. The company manufactures furniture in Europe, and operates through its subsidiaries worldwide.
UMA Plastics Limited was established in 1999 with headquarters in Kolkata, India. UMA Plastics Limited is a leading stakeholder in the plastic injection molding industry and a manufacturer, importer, and exporter in the plastic furniture market. Through its brand 'SWAGATH', the company offers injection molding solutions and plastic furniture including molded chairs, center tables, dining tables, plastic stools, and plastic stadium and auditorium chairs.
Founded in 1970, Cosmoplast Industrial Company L.L.C. is a leading manufacturer and developer of outdoor recreation, pipeline systems and thermoformed disposable products. The company is headquartered in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, and operated through its manufacturing facilities in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United States, United Arab Emirates, and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
Other leading players operating in the plastic furniture market, include Supreme Group, Avon Furniture Factory L.L.C, Cello Wim Plast Ltd., Patio Furniture Industries, Conover, NC, Nilkamal Furniture, and Maitri Plastic Industries. Key plastic resin manufacturers are LyondellBasell Industries, SABIC, Exxon Mobile Corporation, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Reliance Industries Limited, INEOS, LG Chem, BASF SE, and DowDuPont.
The global market for plastic furniture has been witnessing healthy growth with commercial sector accounting for more than one-third share of the market revenues. However, with the increasing growth of the construction industry worldwide, especially in developing countries, the demand for plastic furniture is expected to surge significantly in the residential sector.
Increasing demand for wood and metal furniture in the commercial real estate is driving commercial buyers away from the plastic furniture market. Moreover, increasing discretionary spending and government incentives boosting developments in the residential construction projects are generating high sales potential for plastic furniture in the residential sector. Leading manufacturers in the plastic furniture market shifting their focus on residential buyers to unlock profitable growth opportunities in the coming future.
Enquire about this Report @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=AE&rep_id=3574
Fact.MR is a fast-growing market research firm that offers the most comprehensive suite of syndicated and customized market research reports. We believe transformative intelligence can educate and inspire businesses to make smarter decisions. We know the limitations of the one-size-fits-all approach; that's why we publish multi-industry global, regional, and country-specific research reports.
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852