Request for a Free Sample Report of Concerned Market - https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=3761
Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market in Numbers:
- The gonorrhea therapeutics market recorded ~3% CAGR during the period, 2014 to 2018. Gonorrhea emerged as a public threat worldwide with increasing prevalence of the antibiotic-resistant strains, which sustained the demand for gonorrhea therapeutics in recent years.
- Revenues from gonorrhea therapeutics around the world is estimated at ~US$ 970 Mn in 2019, and record a 4% Y-o-Y over 2018. The gonorrhea therapeutics industry will remain sustained by inclination of the scientific community toward development of alternative therapies and new antibiotics.
- North America remains the most attractive market for gonorrhea therapeutics, primarily upheld by growing government initiatives to compact antibiotic resistance. The US government has released a plan to ‘Combat Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria’ (CARB) that holds opportunistic potential for companies with strong regional presence.
- Research on the drug-resistance gonorrhea, which is likely to pave a potential pipeline for future treatment, is likely to favor the gonorrhea therapeutics industry.
According to our study, the gonorrhea therapeutics market will remain a fairly fragmented landscape, with a large number of contenders collectively holding relatively greater shares than the frontrunners and competitors in the market. With ~40% market shares, the contenders are competing with product innovations in active therapy areas, targeted drug delivery, and capacity expansion to meet growing demand for therapeutics abreast escalating prevalence of gonorrhea. Frontrunners in the gonorrhea therapeutics market are focusing more on diagnostic tests and services, and R&D dedicated to biosimilars and generics.
The stakeholders in the gonorrhea therapeutics market are more focused on strengthening their distribution in untapped markets, even as entering into strategic partnerships with local distributors to enhance their supplier force and propel sales. Growing prevalence of antibiotic-resistant gonorrhea has meant that the need for new drugs is evident, as a significant chunk of the global demographic falls prey to the Neisseria gonorrhea bacteria annually. Although progress in gonorrhea vaccines has slugged in the past, recent advances allude an uptick, with conserved vaccine antigens that stimulate bactericidal antibodies being recognized.
New drug developments and laser-sharp focus on quick approvals will remain key winning imperatives for stakeholders in the gonorrhea therapeutics market, in turn complementing their brand repositioning strategies. Prospects for the gonorrhea therapeutics market seem bullish, with key players increasingly vying for geographical presence, new drug launches, and stable supply chain logistics.
Key Challenges Faced by Stakeholders in Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market
- The advent of new antibiotic-resistant strains continues to impede the prospects of the gonorrhea therapeutics market by making the currently available drugs lose their effectiveness in fighting the bacterium. The insidious nature of gonorrhea, owing to its growing success at evolving to evade the antibiotics prescribed to treat remains a significant pain-point for stakeholders.
- The social stigma surrounding open discussions about STD, particularly in underdeveloped and developing countries has been hampering the true potential of the gonorrhea therapeutics market. Due to poor social acceptance of infection in line with the lack of openness and diverse communication regarding sexuality, the adoption of gonorrhea therapeutics is witnessing a restrictive growth.
Paramount Emphasis on Antibiotic R&D to Favor Gains
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) has become a rapidly growing global public health threat. With AMR making more than 375 million annual new cases of sexually-transmitted infections (STIs) that are stringent to treat, there has emerged a dire need to tackle this upcoming health crisis. The bacteria that causes gonorrhea is particularly prone to drug resistance, and is classed as ‘high priority’ for renewed antibiotic R&D by leading health organizations.
Turning into a global public health concern, in line with the high unmet need for gonorrhea treatment, growing prevalence of this infection has propelled organizations to collaborate and develop a novel treatment in this light. For instance, Entasis Therapeutics and the Global Antibiotic Research & Development Partnership (GARDP) had collaborated to co-develop a new drug zoliflodacin, specifically to treat drug-resistant gonorrhea, while hoping to provide a solution. Zoliflodacin is a new and first-in-class oral antibiotic that inhibits DNA synthesis in a different way than currently approved antibiotics. Zoliflodacin has been awarded fast track status by the FDA for development as oral treatment for gonorrhea infections, which is likely to translate into significant gains for the gonorrhea therapeutics market in the years to come.
Gonorrhea Therapeutics Market – Research Methodology
An authentic methodology and holistic approach lay the base of the actionable information mentioned in the report on gonorrhea therapeutics market. The FactMR study provides detailed information about the growth forecast of gonorrhea therapeutics market, along with an organized breakdown of the factors shaping the dynamics of the market. Thorough primary and secondary has been employed to accumulate and present valuable insights into the projection analysis of gonorrhea therapeutics market. The report on gonorrhea therapeutics market has also passed through several validation tunnels to ensure that that insights covered in the report are exclusive and one of its kind.
Ask Industry Experts about this Report - https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=AE&rep_id=3761
FactMR is a fast-growing market research firm that offers the most comprehensive suite of syndicated and customized market research reports. We believe transformative intelligence can educate and inspire businesses to make smarter decisions. We know the limitations of the one-size-fits-all approach; that's why we publish multi-industry global, regional, and country-specific research reports.
11140 Rockville Pike
Suite 400, Rockville, MD 20852
Read Industry News at: https://insiderstribune.com